information from Jay Bingham
Thousands of scripts, for a wide variety of popular sites, are available at http://userscripts.org
. If you're the tinkerer sort, you can also write your own, see http://wiki.greasespot.net/
to get started.
I would like to recommend a great greasemonkey script for the geocaching.com website that I recently came across.
It is GC little helper (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81052)
by Torsten Amshove
It has long list of capabilities which enhance the cache pages and other pages at gc.com. I have seen requests for many of these capabilities in the
feedback forum. Here a few the capabilities:
- Create your own Navigation Linklist
- Hide Social Links
- Hide superfluous line breaks
- Show "n/81" in cache matrix on the statistics page (this capability is not configurable)
- Hide Avatars (Groundspeak has already implemented this capability, however this script is not cognizant of that, so if you have that already enabled in your profile you will have to enable it in the script configuration as well)
- Mail-Link beside Username (Cache- and TB-Listings) - also adds
- Cache-/TB-Name and GCcode to mail
- Hide Disclaimer
- Hide spoiler warning
- Hide hint behind a link
- Show percentage of favorite points in listing (while the percentage of favorite points is already available by clicking on the dropdown in the 'favorites' box, this script displays it in the 'favorites' box below the number of favorites, so no clicking is required)
- Adds Map this Location and Route to this Location links to the coordinates box. (The Map this Location link performs a function similar to the View Map link and Route to this Location links performs a function similar to the Driving Directions link, so these seem redundant to me, but there is no way to disable them).
- Displays Decimal and DMS conversions as well as the UTM conversion in the coordinates box.
- Create a VIP-List which the script uses to show if they have already found the cache displayed on the page.
- Search in Logs
- Show day of week on event caches
- Default-Log-Type for caches and TBs
- Cache- & TB-Log-Signature
There are many other features/capabilities that this script provides and although it says that they are all configurable I have found that some are not.
I highly recommend this script even if you are not yet a greasemonkey user.