Learn everything you need to know to have a successful camping experience at a Texas Outdoor Family (TOF) workshop.
TOF Workshops are hosted at state parks where your family receives hands-on experience learning basic outdoor skills. We provide all the equipment, too!
Find a Workshop!
- How to set up and break down camp (including your tent)
- Fire starting
- Outdoor cooking
- Guided walks
- Nature activities
- How to use a GPS
- Introductions to a wide range of outdoor activities (such as fishing,
kayaking, wildlife watching) depending on the site location, facilities and the season of the year
- Best of all, no experience is necessary and you get all the help and advice you need from highly skilled outdoor specialists and trained volunteers!
For Questions About Texas Outdoor Family Workshops:
• Visit the TXPW Frequently Asked Questions
• Contact TXPW by phone, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at (512) 389-8903
• Contact TXPW by e-mail