posted Feb 22, 2013, 7:56 AM by Greg Jewett
updated Feb 22, 2013, 8:00 AM
Version 5.1 of the Geocaching iPhone app has just been released.
What's New in Version 5.1
The version 5.1 update offers a smoother, easier-to-use geocaching experience.
NOTE: This update does not take advantage of the iPhone 5 screen size. Trust us, we want it too.
We did bust out tons of amazing updates this time. Take a look:
- New map toggle enables easy switching between a geocache list, map, or compass
- Easy access to map controls, saving, and search from the map screen
- Fixed jumpy map pin issue in iOS 6
- Open Pocket Query without having to download all geocaches
- Pocket Queries now shows your finds, Favorite Points, and associated waypoints
- Improved auto-zoom on map and "Search by GC Code" interface
- Images can now be sent with Trackable logs and Trackable details now offer photo galleries
- Premium Memberships can now be purchased through the app
- Added support for Portuguese and Danish
- When logging an Event Cache, Traditional Geocache log types such as "Found it" show instead of Event Cache log types such as "Attended." We are aware of these issues and are working to quickly address them in our next release